Individual Counseling | Columbia, Mo
Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Sartre - these are all famous existential philosophers with a thirst for knowledge, truth, and a relentless focus on what it really means to be human.
What does that mean for you, though?
You've probably clicked on this page because you're wanting to face some pretty tough questions about what it means to exist today, what it means to be you, and what life is really about.
Existential Crises Counseling
There are a handful of common reasons that people focus on this in counseling. These reasons include, but are not limited to:
- questioning the meaning and purpose in life
- questioning one's meaning and purpose in living
- plagued by thoughts of death - what it's like, what happens after, what happens when other people die
- eschewing responsibility in and for your own life
- paralyzed by making decisions or paralyzed by the vast amount of choices (which one is "right?!")
- feeling utterly alone
- feeling completely adrift, lost at sea, untethered, and ungrounded
- feeling disconnected from anything meaningful, lack of passion or zest for life
While these thoughts and feelings can feel completely overwhelming, terrifying, and devastating (all of which is valid), they're able to be addressed and processed through counseling. Much like anxiety, existential crises aren't things that you can get rid of completely. The very nature of existential crises is that they usually center around unanswerable questions. This doesn't mean that you can't feel better about the things that are bothering you now.
Why The Counseling Hub?
The Counseling Hub therapists are especially tuned into existential crises and have a special place in their hearts for people who struggle with these sorts of questions. To reiterate, The Counseling Hub therapists won't give you an answer (that's not what therapy is about), but they will walk with you down this scary path.
Now, you can reach out for counseling if you're ready to do this work. Contact us today to get your first session set up.